Wells Fargo offers one of the most extensive sets of financing options in the industry, including a variety of special loans and programs to help you meet more homebuyer needs. Our position of leadership and our strategic relationships allow us to provide special benefits to eligible members of qualifying groups. From low-down-payment options to Wells Fargo exclusive programs, such as the Union Plus® Mortgage program, you can be confident that your buyers have options that meet their needs.
Jumbo loan options
We are the nation's #1 jumbo mortgage lender with lending capability in all 50 states. Jumbo loans allow qualified buyers to finance loan amounts above maximum conforming limits, helping them take advantage of today's home prices and low interest rates. Consider our jumbo loans for your homebuyers in higher-priced housing markets, including those who have a goal of purchasing a second home, resort condo, or rental property.
Jumbo loan amounts are typically available with a variety of terms, options, and benefits:
- Fixed- and adjustable-rate loans and short-term loans at very competitive interest rates.
- Loan amounts up to $2 million; higher amounts may be available through Private Mortgage Banking.
- 10.01% down payment financing option with no mortgage insurance requirement.
- After making a lump-sum principal reduction of $20,000 or more 90 days after closing, buyers may be eligible to reduce their monthly mortgage payments by recasting, or re-amortizing, the loan. Buyers will have a lower monthly mortgage payment, but they may pay more interest over the full mortgage term than they would by making a principal reduction without using the recast option.
- Buyers can purchase with cash up-front and may be eligible to apply for a mortgage within 90 days of purchase.
- Expanded credit, debt, and loan-to-value guidelines for qualified customers.
- Relationship-based pricing, interest-only options, and portfolio lending services.
Contact a local home mortgage consultant to learn more.
Options for affluent buyers
Our exclusive Private Mortgage Banking division serves affluent homebuyers with complex income or asset situations, offering:
- Competitive financing options for primary, second, vacation, and investment properties with financing up to $6 million.
- A dedicated customer service line exclusive to Private Mortgage Banking clients.
- Local market experience to help affluent clients find options that complement their wealth-building strategies.
Show your clients that you are dedicated to supporting their specific situations.
Contact a local Private Mortgage Banker to learn more.
Low down payment options
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage provides a variety of programs that allow for low-and-no-down payments, non-traditional credit, and other features to help more homebuyers achieve homeownership. Be sure your buyers talk to us to discuss loan amount, loan type, and property to ensure eligibility.
Down payments as low as 3%
With Wells Fargo's yourFirst MortgageSM program, your buyers can get a conventional fixed-rate mortgage with a down payment as low as 3%. Plus, there are no area median income requirements and they can use gift funds and down payment assistance programs.
FHA loans are available in a variety of fixed-rate and adjustable-rate options, and have down payment options as low as 3.5%.
VA loans offer low- and no-down payment options for veterans and other borrowers who meet the eligibility requirements of the VA program.
Mortgages with built-in renovation financing
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is the nation's leading renovation loan originator. Our established commitment to renovation lending is reflected in our stable leadership position and dedicated network of renovation lending specialists across the country.
Our mortgages with built-in renovation financing, like our Purchase & RenovateSM loan, can be used to:
- Purchase and improve a property in most any condition
- Finance a primary, second, or investment home - plus wanted or needed improvements - with one application, one loan approval, one closing, and one monthly mortgage payment
Improvements can range from basic repairs and upgrades to more extensive renovations.
New construction financing
With one of the most extensive product offerings in the industry, along with construction-friendly programs, we can consistently meet more of your buyers' needs. Our local home mortgage consultants and dedicated support teams stand ready to work with you and your buyers every step of the way.
Our popular Builder Lock OptionsSM allow homebuyers to lock in interest rates on new homes.
- Our Builder Best® Extended Rate Lock program provides new construction buyers protection against rising interest rates. A non-refundable extended rate lock fee is required.
Condominium financing can be a confusing topic for developers, sales professionals, and borrowers alike. We stand committed to helping all navigate the complexities of condominium financing.
Fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages
Fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages are two of the most popular loan types. Both options are available for conventional conforming loan amounts, jumbo (non-conforming) loan amounts, and FHA or VA programs.
A fixed-rate mortgage carries the same interest rate and monthly principal and interest payments for the life of the loan, which protects your homebuyers from rising interest rates and allows them to budget their monthly mortgage payments more easily. This loan type may be a good choice for your buyers who plan to stay in their homes for a long time.
An adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) has the same interest rate and principal and interest payments for the first 5, 7, or 10 years, then adjusts annually. Typically, ARMs have a lower initial interest rate than fixed-rate mortgages. After the initial fixed period, your buyer's rates and payments may increase. This loan type may be a good option for your buyers who plan to move or refinance within a few years.
Union Plus® Mortgage program
Home financing for union families
Active and retired members of participating labor unions, their parents, and their children may be able to take advantage of special benefits through the Union Plus® Mortgage program, with financing provided by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are millions of active members today.
Show your clients the benefits of the Union Plus® Mortgage program
- $500 award for buying a home. When members, their parents, and their children finance their home with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, we'll send them a special My Mortgage GiftSM award after closing — for use at participating retailers.
- Mortgage payment assistance. Union Plus provides grants and interest-free mortgage assistance loans to eligible borrowers in the event of an unexpected loss of income — and the first $1,000 doesn't need to be repaid.
Military and Veteran Home Lending
We appreciate the commitment of our nation's military personnel and their families. We're committed to providing financing options that meet the unique needs of the military and veteran community. Our dedicated team of military-certified home mortgage consultants is well-versed in military culture, language, and protocol.
Buyer eligibility includes:
- Active duty personnel, reservists, veterans, members of the National Guard, or Department of Defense civilian employees
- VA eligibility
- PCS related moves
As one of the nation's leading VA lenders it is an honor to serve those who serve. Talk to your Wells Fargo military-certified home mortgage consultant for eligibility details.
The Relocation Mortgage Program®
When a career move means moving to a new home, The Relocation Mortgage Program® provides convenient relocation benefits. As the premier provider of national relocation mortgage services with more than 30 years of relocation experience, we have the home financing options, tools, and resources transferees need to help them relocate quickly and efficiently.
Your buyers may be eligible if they are:
- Looking for a primary residence
- Relocating at their employer's request
- Moving at least 35 miles away from their current home
Corporate Mortgage Benefit Program
Provide extra benefits to millions of homebuyers
Millions of employees across many of America's largest corporations are eligible for benefits when they buy or refinance with Wells Fargo, including a special My Mortgage GiftSM award after closing — $500 for buying a home, or $300 for refinancing. Ask a local home mortgage consultant for details about participating employers.